Terms of Employment:
12 hour continental shifts rotating on monthly basis from Days to Nights
- Monitor and adjust reactor conditions to ensure food grade parameters are sustained.
- Analyze extrusion parameters to ensure consistent quality extrudate.
- Monitor motor loads to ensure equipment is being operated correctly.
- Observe backflushing screen changer and anticipate change interval.
- Set extrusion temperature profile to ensure consistent extrudate melt and die flow.
- Read gauge profile and adjust horizontal casting roll temperatures and gap along with die profile to ensure quality unblemished sheet.
- Monitor coating web quality; adjust concentration, nip alignment, and nip pressure.
- Setup differential shafts for proper cut and transfer of up to 4 web lanes.
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks per schedule.
- Anticipate and troubleshoot minor equipment failures.
- Record operating conditions and clearly communicate shift activities in production log.
- Any other duties assigned by Management
- 2+ years of experience in operating plastics extrusion machinery.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- Team player with multi-tasking abilities.
- Good understanding of polyester chemistry, drying and crystallizing, material conveyance.