With manufacturing facilities in Montreal and Toronto, POLARPAK INC. has many of the same manufacturing capabilities offered by Waddington North America (WNA) in the US and serves the food service, bakery, deli, produce and confectionery markets. In addition to products manufactured in Canada, POLAR PAK also markets products produced by other Waddington Group companies, thereby providing unparalleled one-stop shopping convenience for single-use food service products across Canada.
We are looking for an Electrician with experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment. The candidate must possess an electro-mechanical background, an eagerness to learn new challenges, an ability to grasp process concepts and demonstrate efficient and effective troubleshooting ability.
Terms of Employment
- Working primarily with motors, drives and pumps,
- Maintaining and servicing plant equipment and fixtures to ensure proper function.
- Troubleshooting and fixing equipment breakdowns.
- Providing leadership to the floor on maintenance related issues.
- Performing preventive and predictive maintenance as per schedule.
Experience and Skills:
- Certified Electrician license - 442A
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the plastics manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in reading schematic prints for electrical, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Understanding of pneumatic material conveying, plastic extrusion concepts, along with winding and slitting concepts is an asset.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good working understanding of electro-mechanical principles.
- High standards of work ethic and excellent workmanship.
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- 12 hour continental shifts rotating on monthly basis from Days to Nights
- Must have own tools.
- Regular exposure to noise and temperature changes.
- Must be able and willing to work at heights.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs