Responsible for the timely placement of purchase orders and delivery of materials / services to meet internal customer requirements and maintaining stock inventory levels within approved guidelines. The role is based in POLAR PAK’s office located in Brampton, Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Expedite and track all purchase orders to ensure timely delivery, quality and effective cost for all materials in order to meet internal customer / manufacturing requirements.
- Create and analyze various Excel based reports inclusive of open orders, expediting and supplier performance.
- Purchase and expedite all production materials and general supplies to meet established production schedules.
- Negotiate with vendors the best possible price, quality, opportunity buys, lead times and terms & conditions from a short and long term perspective.
- Continually strive for process improvement and cost savings while maintaining / improving customer service.
- Manage vendor performance through vendor evaluation process including follow up for non conformance issues and monitoring their continual adherence to price, quality, delivery and service.
- Gather information and data, conduct research and analyze new suppliers for costing.
- Any other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Minimum of a post-secondary degree or diploma.
- University degree or College Diploma in relevant field of study is preferred.
- PMAC, CPP or SCMA certifications would be an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in buying and price negotation in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Team player with multi-tasking abilities.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities in a challenging environment.
- General office environment
- Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
- Regularly visits plants/facilities to undertsand purchasing requirements
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.