Upon the direction of the Production Supervisor and designated Shift Leads, Slitter Operators are responsible for efficiently loading cores, removing finished rolls, performing quality checks and properly labeling and wrapping finished product in order to produce high quality plastic sheet rolls in accordance with the production schedule, set-up instructions, operating procedures, and quality specifications.
- Understand and follow all safety procedures/policies.
- Properly set up the extrusion line for each slitting job.
- Ensure rolls produced as per required gauge standards.
- Visually check sheets for defects, check dimensions with micrometers, ruler and make necessary adjustments.
- Minimize wastage from splices and other slitting related activities.
- Remove, wrap and label rolls.
- Accurately weighs and records information for slit rolls produced.
- Maintain records of material use and production.
- Daily housekeeping procedures .
- Assist in starting line after shut-down
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience - plastic industry / extrusion plant preferred.
- Experience with Dusenbury slitter preferred.
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Full Time Position
- 12hrs Continental shifts rotating day to night shift every month
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.