To provide leadership and co-ordination of all Warehouse functions and activities in the shfit in order to meet the safety, quality, delivery and cost targets and to foster a working environment that is fair, equitable and driven to improve continuously. This role is based in Polar Pak’s warehouse located in Brampton, ON.
Job Duties and responsibilities
- Regularly audit and monitor the warehouse and ensure compliance with Health and Safety, GMP, HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure that any inspections are appropriately documented
- Manage shift personnel consisting of 30-35 warehouse workers
- Ensure that each shift is adequately staffed to meet operational requirements
- Assist the Warehouse Manager to identify and fill vacancies in coordination with the HR department
- Manage and report on absences, overtime, personnel moves and vacation schedules
- Monitor shift performance to ensure targets are being met and carry out disciplinary actions where required
- Drive a forklift when required in order to assist Warehouse operations
- Participate in coordination and completion of yearly physical inventory count
- Lead communication meetings
- Collect necessary data and submit daily reports on shift performance
- Support and drive continuous improvement by identifying improvement opportunities and participate in establishing the performance metrics and the CI program for the department
- Any other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Minimum of High School Diploma, College Diploma preferred
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience in a fast paced, high volume Warehouse & Distribution environment
COMPUTER SKILLS: Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and MRP
- Must possess valid Forklift lincense (counterbalance)
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Scanning system knowledge of RFID
- Must have a valid driver licence.
- This role is based in Polar Pak’s warehouse located in Brampton, ON.
- This job requires adjusting to a variety of working environments, such as office, manufacturing plant and warehouse conditions
- Flexibility of work hours required to deal with problems on a 24 hour, 7 day basis.
- 12 hours continential night shift (7 shifts in every two weeks)
- Driving a forklift
- Able to lift up to 50lbs infrequently
- 30-35 Warehouse Associates
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.