Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Technical Director Extrusion
Site: Brampton, ON
Utilize engineering skills and tools to serve as a resource to the plant to design and improve workflow, upgrade facilities and equipment, identify areas for continuous improvement, and champion implementation.
- Taking concepts to practical solutions. Prepare cad drawings and sketches for fabrication and assembly, order and kit items, arrange labour, and communicate work instructions for tasks as required.
- Co-ordinate projects according to plant priorities, and ensure they are executed efficiently. Actively participate in scheduled engineering meetings.
- Assist in creating effective plans to develop and enhance existing processes, including designs, drawings, plans and specifications for projects.
Organizing and Controlling Work
- Learn and understand task at hand and execute via sound engineering means.
- Use problem-solving approaches to implement practical solutions
- Review vendor information, verify engineering calculations, supervise work to ensure scope is achieved
- React in a timely manner to any customer concerns. Prioritize projects and tasks based on daily/weekly/monthly staff meetings
- Train and properly hand off completed projects to the plant
- Keep records, transmit information to other departments
- Interact effectively with floor associates, vendors, contractors, and management.
- Oversee and provide instructions to contractors, skilled trades, and associates as it relates to project
- Communicate the status of all project related activities on a monthly basis or as requested
- Communicate effectively in scoping strategies and preparation of technical specifications for proposed projects.
- Maintain effective employee relations both with management, plant employees, and contractors
- Aware of Employment Standards Act and Human Rights Legislation.
Training and Development
- Identify training needs including factors in the workplace that can indicate a training need
- Monitor and control training activities prior to hand-off of project
Health & Safety
- Works and ensures that all employees work in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations and those within Company Policy; Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with P.Eng designation (preferred) or Technical Diploma
- Engineering degree, C.E.T, or 5+ year’s equivalent working experience.
COMMUNICATION & SOFT SKILLS
- Practical hands on experience
- Quick learner
- Pro-active team player
- Analytical attitude
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally ; coordinate with internal team and external contractors
- Work independently
- MS – Office
- AutoCAD – proficient skills. Drafting engineering drawing and creating 3D modeling plant layout
- Working in an office inside a plant environment with noise and heat.
- Requirement to wear PPE while inside the plant.
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
- Requires some irregular work hours, weekend and holiday hours to coordinate tasks and trades.
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.