- Maintains accurate count of pieces per pile/sleeve as per the work order
- Inspects product for quality defects at regular intervals
- Ensures that the machine runs at the standard production rate
- Ensures good housekeeping and the cleaning of the machine and surrounding area
- Maintains a clean and safe work area and follows 5S on everyday basis
- Work in a safe manner and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act(OHSA) and Company policies including proper usage of appropriate PPE devices
- Diligently following proper lock out/tag out procedures where applicable
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Management.
- Team player with multi-tasking abilities.
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- 12 hours continental work shift (day or night) (working 7 shifts in a 2 weeks period)
- Required to wear ear plugs, safety glass, gloves, safety shoes and hair net at all times on the plant floor (beard net where applicable). Other protective equipment and clothing may be assigned as required
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to high noise level.
- Lifting is generally in the 10 to 25 Lbs. range with frequent repetitions. Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.