- Routine maintenance of production equipment to ensure the most efficient flow of production with the least possible downtime.
- Safe and efficient repair and maintenance of Plant facilities and equipment as required including working with external contractors.
- Administer and implement the preventative maintenance program.
- Support maintenance of spare parts inventory and database.
- Maintain detailed records of technical information and labour hours of unscheduled repairs and improvements.
- Ontario licensed Millwright (433A) with 5 years experience in manufacturing industry.
- Exposure to plastics industry is preferable.
- Communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Excellent knowledge of equipment and processes within scope of job. Certified in use of all required equipment.
- Skilled in root cause analysis and trouble techniques of equipment problems.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- General knowledge of blueprint reading and electrical schematics.
- Ability to trouble shoot hydraulics, pneumatic and electrical issues.
- Ability to work at heights up to 60 feet including Scissor lifts and ladders.
- Working knowledge of lathe, milling machine, grinder and hand tools.
- Working knowledge of MIG/TIG welding.
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted