Reporting to the Thermforming Specialist, the incumbent in this position will focus on Setting the up the Thermoforming machines and trouble shooting in our 391 Orenda Road Plant.
- Perform machine and tool setups on various Thermoforming machines
- Support productivity improvement including reducing down time/set-up time, scrap rate and other project work
- Perform process troubleshooting of the thermoforming machines and all related systems
- Support sample-making activities
- Diligently follow all Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Good understanding of mechanical and control functions of machines
- Technical school course (Mechanical Technology) /Junior Millwright or equivalent experience preferred
- Able to use Vernier caliper and Micrometer
- Knowledge of Plastics Molds preferred (handling & maintenance)
- Experience in Plastics processing preferred
- 12 hrs rotating continental shifts, Night/Day
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.