Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the incumbent in this position will focus on growing business and expanding relationships with Distributors at a Head Office and National level as well as Regional Chains. Conduct sales calls and track sales activities, achieve predetermined sales objectives, service existing customers and develop/grow new accounts. This individual represents Polar Pak to offer the best selection of high quality in stock products as well as custom solutions.
- Manage National Distributor relationships at a Head Office and National level
- Work with Regional Chains on growing business including custom projects
- Maintain and expand client database within assigned territory
- Evaluate customer needs and build productive long lasting relationships
- Meet personal and sales team targets
- Arrange and participate at distributor trade shows throughout Canada
- Train distributor sales managers reps to sell Polar Pak products independently while supporting strategic end user leads
- Work with Distributor and Chain purchasing teams
- Identify and sell target accounts at the end user level
- Develop the Redistribution community of accounts
- Oversee territory administrative responsibilities including weekly activity reports, competitive price support (deviations), forecasting sales volume, etc.
- Handle customer complaints or concerns
- Achieve annual sales budgets and objectives
- Research and report competitive activities and other changes to the territory
- A post-secondary Degree
- Minimum 10 years previous sales experience is required, preferably in Food Service packaging
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- The ideal candidate has strong knowledge of the distributors head offices potentially having worked directly for them
- The incumbent must be a skilled negotiator, able to write reports and business correspondence as well as effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Self-motivated; able to prioritize tasks
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Quick thinking, goal oriented individual who can prioritize activities and has the drive, energy and follow-through to achieve results in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment;
- Candidate must be sufficiently skilled with MS Office
- Work from a home based office
- Driver’s License required
- Occasional travel required for sales meetings, trade shows, conventions, etc.
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.