The CI Manager is responsible for identifying, developing, managing, and executing continuous improvement strategies in manufacturing as well as other functions across the organization. The incumbent is also responsible for leading the training, education, and mentoring and facilitation activities for these initiatives/programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Management team to spread Lean Thinking across the organization through a combination of training, supporting, and discussing process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure the systematic roll-out of operational improvement initiatives, supporting the divisional effort to build on the existing processes and working with operational leaders and cross functional teams to initiate and deliver new improvement initiatives
- Actively lead and coach cross-functional project teams in the application of Lean, Six Sigma, other process improvement, process design, project and change management best practices. These include but are not limited to Process and Value Stream maps, Standard Work and Task Concepts, Cause Effect Diagrams and 5 Y’s.
- Provide project status updates, feedback and appropriate reporting on selected projects
- Train and coach Process Owners, Champions, Process Improvement Teams in the use of process improvement tools and LEAN methodology to ensure timely completion of projects with expected internal and external customer results
- Identify and share internal and external best practices across multiple sites/locations
- 6-10 years hands-on experience in a Leadership, Project Management or Business Analysis role.
- Experience in Operational/Team Leadership, Process Improvement and Change Leadership.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading a transformational activity within a Manufacturing Operations environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering: Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering.
- Training or Certification in PMP, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma, Manufacturing systems and Control (i.e. Kanban, Process Control; Control Plan) Problem Solving DOE; Variation reduction; etc.), are desirable.
- Proven Leadership of successful implementation and application of Lean Manufacturing (TPS or similar), Operational; Excellence, and Variation Reduction ( Statistical Tools; Six Sigma Methodology).
- Affiliation with CI/ Lean/Quality/ Engineering organizations (AME,ASQ,SME, Shingo etc.)
Skills and Abilities:
- Sound working knowledge of analytical problem solving techniques
- Strategic and creative thinker who is exceptionally adept with quantitative analysis
- Results-driven achiever who is able to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly
- Energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Experience working within and leading cross-functional teams
Based in a regular office environment. However, regular/daily visits to Plants are expected. Occasional travelling to plants in different cities in the US and to Montreal.
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.