Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible for deploying and sustaining the lean and continuous improvement program for the company. This position will work in conjunction with plant and department leaders to identify areas of their operations where the deployment of CI methodologies will improve key performance indicators, operating results, space required, inventory levels, and manufacturing costs.
The CI Engineer will be well versed and have extensive proven experience in implementing Lean Manufacturing (TPS) and all of its principles
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify, prioritize and execute continuous improvement activities; drive standardization and consistency of approach
- Implement, lead, and follow-up on lean manufacturing activities
- Effectively leverage tools, such as lean six sigma and change management, to drive continuous improvement activities to improve operating results
- Lead operational value stream mapping to improve performance and eliminate constraints
- Develop new (and upgrade existing) manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
- Utilize strong organizational skills to appropriately plan and prioritize daily work and long term projects
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Improve manufacturing layout, processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Mechanical engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt experience leading CI and lean initiatives
- Proven experience in automating downstream operations
- Experience in a high volume, high SKU, repetitive manufacturing environment
- Great organizational planning skills with the proven ability to facilitate change
- Resilient to work with firm deadlines and manage related stresses in a timely manner
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience in the plastics industry
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted