To provide leadership and co-ordination of all Warehouse functions and activities in the shfit in order to meet the safety, quality, delivery and cost targets and to foster a working environment that is fair, equitable and driven to improve continuously. This role is based in Polar Pak’s warehouse located in Brampton, ON.
Duties and responsibilities
- Regularly audit and monitor the warehouse and ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Quality and 5S policies and procedures.
- Ensure that any inspections are appropriately documented
- Ensure that each shift is adequately staffed to meet work requirements
- Assist the Warehouse Manager to identify and fill vacancies in coordination with the HR department
- Manage and report on absences, overtime, personnel moves and vacation schedules
- Monitor shift performance to ensure targets are being met
- Participate in coordination and completion of yearly physical inventory count
- Lead communication meetings
- Collect necessary data and submit daily reports on shift performance
- Support and drive continuous improvement by identifying improvement opportunities and participate in establishing the performance metrics and the CI program for the department
- Any other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Minimum of High School Diploma, College Diploma preferred
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience in a fast paced, high volume Warehouse & Distribution environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and MRP
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and applications
- Project management skills.
- Scanning system knowledge of RFID
- Must have a valid driver licence.
- Some travel may be required.
- This role is based in Polar Pak’s warehouse located in Brampton, ON.
- This job requires adjusting to a variety of working environments, such as office, manufacturing plant and warehouse conditions
- Flexibility of work hours required to deal with problems on a 24 hour, 7 day basis.
- 30-35 Forklift operators in the Warehouse
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted