The Warehouse & Logistics Manager is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and logistics functions at the organization’s warehouse facilities. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures. The Warehouse & Logistics Manager will accomplish effective logistical oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Manage team of warehouse employees, including hiring, delegation, training, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination.
- Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of the warehouse.
- Ensure all orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Manage third party logistics providers.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Develop KPIs for all warehouse personnel. Analyze and report on the daily, monthly and annual department key performance indicators.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Take into account full implications of freight turnover, size, weight, and other factors when allocating warehouse space.
- Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of the department.
- Manage an annual budget or capital investment plan for warehousing functions across the organization.
- Manage the morale in the department by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers.
- Develop and/or enforce company policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment.
- Identify discrepancies between inventory records and take action.
- Assess the need for, and arrange the purchase of, moving equipment like trailers, forklifts, crash pads, dollies, and so on.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments where necessary.
- Supervise facility design, improvements, repairs and contracts.
- Coordinate the execution of Physical Inventory Counts as requested.
- Any other duties as assigned by Management
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- College Diploma in business, with a focus on warehousing, supply chain management, inventory control, or materials management.
- 5-7 years of direct work experience in a warehouse management function or supply chain/distribution management position.
- Direct working knowledge of operations and warehouse management.
- Direct knowledge of WHMIS and other safety systems.
- Familiar with enterprise-level track-and-trace systems, as well as implementation experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in managing third-party logistics providers.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with good writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good financial and business awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and the leadership team.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Persuasive, motivational, and persistent.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Maintain a regular on-the-floor presence in order to inspect company property and assets.
- Exposure to a noisy environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Flexible with work timings
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted