This position reports directly to the Machine Shop Supervisor and ensures all samples are completed in time to meet the timelines.
- Set up thermoforming machines to run properly and efficiently.
- Troubleshoot thermoforming machine set up and process issues.
- Work with Machine-shop Supervisor to ensure all samples are completed on time.
- Ability to multi task
- Maintain sample room and samples moulds in clean and tidy environment.
- Maintain and check inventory of raw material (e.g. Ren board, Aluminum, Proto-block, Plastic Rolls, Tools and dies) on regular basis and arrange orders of replacement material.
- Prepare packages for courier parcels
- Follow Safety standards set by Polar Pak.
- Follow 5S principles on everyday basis
- Understand the quality of the products i.e. Angel hair, plug line, soft wall and bottoms i.e. wall thickness, Fitment test, SPC etc. and follows the quality procedures of the plant
- Able to work with minimum Supervision, must be proactive and be a team player
- Assists with tooling maintenance as required.
- Actively participate in New Product, Tooling and Process development.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager
- Good Mechanical Knowledge and aptitude
- Preferably two to three years of work experience
- Experience in thermoforming/plastics processing will be an asset.
- Ability to qualify with Polarpak Licensing Requirements e.g. Crane, narrow aisle, forklift
- Other Skills: -Team player with multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to analyze data, keep proper records and trouble shoot process related problems.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Normal 44 hours / wk schedule with occasional overtime if required, including weekends.
- Able to regularly lift boxes up to 25lbs
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.