Reports to the Production Supervisor. Ensures all tool & machine set-ups are completed in standard time, the machines are set-up for optimum performance and running at standard cycle time.
Terms of Employment:
Full time permanent position
12 hour continental shifts rotating from Days to Nights every two months.
- Perform mold changeover and fine tune the process on various Thermoforming machines and robotic stackers etc. (Training will be provided for Thermoforming molding process).
- Support productivity improvement, reducing down time/set-up time, scrap rate and other project work
- Perform process troubleshooting of the machines and all related systems
- Diligently follow all Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Support sample-making activities
- 2 to 3 years of experience in plastics molding Injection/Blow Molding in similar role.
- Good understanding of mechanical and control functions of machines
- Technical school course (Mechanical Technology) /Junior Millwright or equivalent experience preferred
- Knows the use of vernier caliper and micrometer
- Knowledge of Plastics Molds preferred (handling and maintenance)
- Experience in Plastics processing preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.