Work directly with product design, manufacturing, sales, marketing, and customer contacts to determine the design requirements for new thermoformed containers in the food packaging market.
- Interact with sales and customer contacts to define product requirements, specifications and functional requirements.
- Develop cost models on all platforms for pricing
- Interact with product design, tool design and manufacturing groups to evaluate feasibility to manufacture the new product.
- Create packaging specs for the new items to help costing process.
- Maintain and update developmental project list.
- Interact with tooling and manufacturing groups to revise and prepare designs for prototyping and commercialization
- Coordinate prototyping activities and lab related trials on new food packaging
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering & with 2 to 4 years’ experience with Thermoformed Product Design / Tooling.
- Hands on experience with experience with AutoCAD & some experience with Solid works
- Experience with TOPS software for box sizing will be helpful but not mandatory.
- Manufacturing and design for manufacturing knowledge specifically for thermoforming
- Understanding of tooling and machining practices for thermoformed products
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to consistently earn and maintain the trust of clients and collaborators
- Driven to achieve great results throughout the development process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, word and Power point
- Experience with Microsoft projects will be an asset
- Ability to work very effectively with limited direction on multiple high priority projects
- Ability to understand big picture and customer related business issues
- Ability to visualize and effectively communicate research results
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.