Reporting to the Sales Support Administrator, the incumbent will work in conjunction with sourcing, purchasing, marketing, product development, pricing and production to oversee all qualified custom or stock product requests for the Polar Pak food packaging division.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Play a key role through all phases of our food service and retail projects, from bid through development.
- Work closely with our offshore procurement team to provide appropriate communication on any new project development, forecasting, packaging changes, and further information needed
- Proactively manage project processes and documents, such as project implementation documents, bid packages, pricing quotations, product set up and forecast
- Setup and maintain accurate product information in ERP system
- Liaise and build relationships with all departments involved in development of project including active discussions with customers when necessary
- Personally manage international co-pack arrangements for CoverMate.
- Fully understand product mix and its abilities to be customized working closely with both sourcing, marketing and production teams (Food service focus)
- Track performance of projects against specific KPIs including target date of completion
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders regarding project status and milestones
- Create and sustain a catalogue of all North American standard stock packaging items for the packaging division
- Working in conjunction with the tooling team create a north American library of all tools identifying ownership to ensure we are not duplicating previous work
- Provide best in class service to clients, suppliers and other stakeholders by responding professionally and with a sense of urgency
- Support other projects outside of the scope of project development to improve overall efficiency of the organization and service to our customer base
- Supports the function of the sales support administrator
- Offer sales support to sales team when requested
Skills & Experience
- Business Diploma or greater
- 3+ years related experience in Sales project development
- Strong knowledge of construction processes through all phases – startup through construction and closeout
- Proactively identify problems / issues and develop effective solutions
- Tech savvy in Microsoft Office suite and project management software (an asset)
- Strong experience in Microsoft excel necessary
- Confidence and professionalism to communicate effectively with internal staff and customers
- Self- motivated with the ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment, handling competing demands
- Highly organized and a stickler for detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision / direction as well as part of a team, sharing information with others
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted