Effective maintenance of plant machineries and assets through recommended practices and regulations in place.
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting electronic system faults
• Tuning equipment and ensuring that adequate controls and safety measures are functional
• Carrying out electrical maintenance procedures
• Repairing and replacing parts as required by the company’s preventative maintenance program
• Ensuring that replacement parts are on order to minimize downtime
• 5+ years of experience
• Inter-provincial industrial electrician certification (442A) is required
• Experience in the plastics manufacturing industry is preferred
• Experience with Plastic Extrusion machinery is preferred
• Good knowledge of PLC programming and troubleshooting
• Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
• Working knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics
• Good mechanical trouble shooting skills
• Able to work at heights using ladders and scissor lifts
• Must have own tools
• Regularly exposed to noise and temperature changes
Terms of Employment
12 hour continental shifts rotating from Days to Nights every two months.
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.