This role will be responsible for the programming, setting up/operating CNC mills and lathes, and scheduling jobs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Program, setup & operate CNC Mills to make parts according to specifications.
- Ability to program, setup & operate CNC Lathe will be an asset but not mandatory.
- Conduct inspections of machined parts as required, evaluating quality and/or performance.
- Provide support in general maintenance of CNC machines like lubrication / cleaning.
- Follow safe operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience with the CNC mould making systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with SURFCAM or any other major CNC software e.g. Mastercam, Cimatron etc.
- 3-5 years of experience operating and programming CNC Milling machines in a manufacturing environment.
- Work experience in the Moulds/ Tooling industry will be an asset.
- Completion of college diploma in a technical field.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and part specifications.
- Able to use different measuring instruments like Vernier Calipers, Micrometer, Height gauge etc.
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot common CNC programming / set up related problems.
- Ability to focus on details and adhere to tight tolerances where required.
- Coordinate all jobs for the most efficient production runs.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent detail-orientation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Working in a workshop environment
- 8hrs shift - Morning & Afternoon shift are available
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.